Thursday, August 8, 2013

Belly dancer

Hi
My friend who turned 80 last month has been an avid belly dancer for a few years.  She took it up when she became of retirement age. 
The dancer is popped up on pop dots and matted onto Whisper White cardstock and then placed on Dollar Store holographic cardstock.  This pic was taken under very cloudy skies and so the colors do show up but they change a lot as the card moves.  There are even some mauves in  it.
The sentiment goes above the dancer. 
I would have liked to have a wobbler behind the dancer but the wire I had didn't lend itself to a decent wobbler.  :(
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

12 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely card, she will love it !!!!
Paula

Jackie said...

Fabulous card. I couldn't dance when I was young so well done to her for being able to at 80 :o)
Jackie xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Three things....love love love the card. Second, I took up line dancing when I retired...belly dancing would had been a lot of fun. Third, I bought wobblers a year ago and haven't used them....thanks for the inspiration!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Wowzers .... belly dancing .... that's probably why she is 80 years old and still going strong! Great card. I'm sure it will be very special to her.

Gail said...

She will love it!

Juliet A said...

You have such a good sense of balance as far as using the holographic paper! The black and white are perfect against it, and the little bit of glitter is just the right amount of pop. She will certainly love it!

Chrissy C said...

Brilliant idea again

Stamping With Bibiana said...

what a fun card...I love that holographic paper what a nice find... your friend is going to be so happy I am sure! happy crafting
bibiana

1CardCreator said...

What a beautiful and fun card for your friend! She must be a real inspiration to you, belly dancing at 80, oh my! ~Diane

Christine said...

you have done an awesome job of that card. I am lost for words.
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com/
CHris

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW your friend must be some lady..to take up Belly dancing at retirement! I have always wanted to learn martial arts specifically kung fu..I guess there is hope for me yet!! Love the way you have personalised it for her Myrna!

Audrey Frelx said...

Love it!