Friday, June 28, 2013

Peonies, poppies and a puppy


Hi
Just a wee note to show off the gorgeous peonies and poppies that grow in my yard.  I cannot say garden anymore as it is mostly grass.  I have dug out the poppies year after year and they still come back.  This year there are far more than I have ever had.  :)
This little guy is more than 10 years old and he lives across the street from me.  He loves to come visit me and get his little treat.  He stayed at my house for a week while his people were on holidays.  What fun he was but I was glad when he was able to go home.  My goodness he is very high maintenance but we loved having him.
I do have some cards on the go and they will get posted one of these days but in the meantime I wanted to share these pics.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

8 comments:

Angel said...

Lovely red poppies Myrna !!

i ve got yellow and orange ..i am going to get red ones for my garden ,

that little guy is cute :))

...

Angel said...

its me angelin :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful peonies and darling puppy....kind of a grand-puppy since you can play and spoil and then send home...haha My peonies only had one bloom on each....don't know what happened....perhaps I need to move them for more sun.

Chrissy C said...

Beautiful

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, aren't your flowers gorgeous. I did an acrylic painting of poppies. I love them. Thanks for sharing the photo of the cute dog. Oh my heavens so tiny, just like my Snow was.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful flowers Gods creation is so glorious!! Well done! and love the wee pup too Shaz.x

Myoriah said...

The Yorkie is cute. Glad you enjoyed him and then got to send him home. They are higher maintenance than my dachshunds. Have to admit though that sometimes I miss my Yorkie.

I love your flowers. I bet next year I could grow red poppies in a flower pot. They are low maintenance flowers.

I'm thinking of replacing my pansies with a pot of herbs. The heat has done them in. Many herbs on the other hand love the high heat plus can be used in cooking.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jackie said...

Beautiful flowers and cute little dog :o)
Jackie xx