Saturday, June 1, 2013

Accordian fold and vine


 
 
Hi
This was such a pretty technique that I found on   http://shesasassylady.blogspot.ca/  under Gypsy Made Simple-Wedding Accordian Card.
I don't have a Gypsy but I thought I could make something similar on the Cricut Expression. 
Sheila said she would try vellum next time to make the accordian pleating.  So rather than play with cardstock I went straight to SU vellum.  It works beautifully but is a lot of work.  I will have to score a bit more the next time.  Maybe it will go easier the next time I do it, which I certainly will.
The vine is cut with a die and glued on .  The inside needed something so I just used the negative from the heart border.  I ran the front panel through a Cuttlebug folder.
It is a gorgeous card and the only time consuming thing is the pleating.  Much prettier in person or maybe click on the pic.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

13 comments:

Gail said...

Very pretty!
Love the sparkly paper!!

Chrissy C said...

I love the way you try out all these different methods - you are far more adventurous than me and pretty successful too.

chillin with Quillin said...

I clicked on the pic and you can see it alot better, it's beautiful, I can see why it would take some time on the pleats, awesome job !!!!
Paula

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, so classy :o)
Jackie xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm so confused...I thought I had left a comment on this beautiful little heart card. The simplicity jumps right out at you. So glad I was revisiting so I could see I had not left a comment.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your pleating does indeed look time consuming, but the end results are gorgeous. Your cards are always so elegant.

kathi17 said...

I love the pleating Myrna, and your choice of papers is beautiful. It's a gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

I don't stamp, or emboss but your designs inspire me to create. I work in Inkscape and scal and although I cannot duplicate your work I can really enjoy them.

Thanks,

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love the rich papers.

Christine said...

The cards looks fantastic and you got the pleats perfectly.
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com
Chris

Jackie said...

Hi Myrna, me again LOL.
I just open the image, copy and paste, then place each one where I want it, then weld and save project. It will save a a scut image.
Jackie xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

It's gorgeous and can tell it was a lot of work but wow...the results are awesome and love your use of the vellum.

1CardCreator said...

This is stunning! I wonder if you could run the vellum through one of the old fashioned crimpers to do the pleating? ~Diane