Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blue butterfly tree

Hi
Do you ever see something that catches your eye and you can't forget it?  This is what happened to me.  I saw a pic of butterflies clustered all over a tree.  I wanted to do something like that. I never could seem to find the right tree.  I punched out the butterflies and stored them away.  This is my time to use up a lot of things in the P.O.T.D.  so I determined to use the butterflies.  Then I remembered a pic I took the very first day I got my camera.  Since that day I learned how to size the photos and so that is what I did.  I also had a small scrap of this gorgeous paper that blended so nicely with the trees.  You may have to click on the pic to see the raised butterflies.  They are punched from paint chips.
I wanted to include a pic of the original idea but blogger won't let me include it since it is a document and not a picture.  Maybe there is a way to do it but I don't know how.  Awe well, se la vie.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna
Where there is a will there is a way!! lol  Blew up the pic on my screen and took a pic of it and voila here it is.
Thanks for sticking with me through all this.  lol

10 comments:

Angel said...

Lovely idea..blue is your favorite color isn't it :)) very nice

Gail said...

Turned out wonderful!
The real picture is amazing huh!?
I never thought of punching stuff out of paint chips...guess who's going to the hardware store!?

Betty Benton said...

I totally remember that butterfly picture and you have done an incredible job using it as an inspiration for your card! It's wonderful!!

kathi17 said...

Wow Myrna, your card is beautiful. I love the idea, and you did it beautifully. What a gorgeous card!

It would be so amazing to see a butterfly tree in person. Thanks for figuring out a way to share the photo!

Alice said...

What a great card Myrna. I love that you used paint chips to punch your butterflies. Awesome!!!

Jackie said...

What an amazing sight, and the card is a fantastic representation :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

oooooo...so pretty! Great idea and lovely inspiration photo. Don't you love it when a good plan comes together! :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow Myrna those blue butterflies are truly breathtaking - thanks so much for sharing (love the way you persevered on the sharing of the butterfly pickie :D)...and for popping over, God bless, Shaz in oz.x

Tracy said...

Your card turned out so beautifully.
Great way to use those paint chips :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Talk about creative. You hit the nail on the head with this card Myrna.