Saturday, February 5, 2011

Curts Lily Pad





Hi
Warning: Picture heavy blog
This one's for you Curt, Jay and "the boyz".
First of all I fell in love with one of Curts pictures of the week at http://curtsplayhouse.blogspot.com/ so with Curts kind permission I am using it on my card.
This card is 6.5" x 4.5" and had to be custom cropped. lol (sounds professional doesn't it?)
The butterfly is a Creatable from Marianne design and you will see a lot of it in the future.
The embossing is done with Cuttlebug die and embossing folder (sorry can't remember the name).
The interior is Curts photo of the week (can't remember what week but a long time ago). I also see that my blade on my cutter is cutting rough. Time for a new one. But before the card leaves my place I will have smoothed out the photo edges.
The envelope is a little oversized to accomodate the raised butterfly and "water lily" flower.
The "water lily" flower is one I made and instead of curling the petals I pinched them up.
All the paper used is from the DS or Staples. (No designer paper for this kid, yet).
Well, that's it for me.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

5 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I knew I had seen that beautiful butterfly here before. (had to go back and check to make sure!) Loving your handmade flower too -- gorgeous!

Gail said...

WOW!You've been busy!

Tracy said...

This is just beautiful. I can see why you wanted to use that photo. It goes perfectly with your card.

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You did real justice to Curt's beautiful photo. Fantastic job Myrna! ~chris

Curt in Indy said...

I'm so flattered that you used one of my photos for your card. You did a gorgeous job with it. I love how you did the cutout to highlight the waterlily. Brilliant job! Best, Curt