Friday, October 1, 2010

Cracked glass technique -third post today


Hi
This should be a very short post. I wanted to show you the cracked glass technique I tried. The picture is not as clear as I would like : 1) the photography isn't the best and 2) the picture is only 4" x 41/2".
This is a site I use a lot to get digi's etc. from.
I was rather pleased with the technique but will try a little bigger picture next time or a little brighter colored one.
The next project after I finish my craft room is going to be a simple light box.
The craft room is just waiting for the electrician now to move the plug ins and one or two more shuffles of furniture to make the craft area all craft and the office area all office. Hopefully electrician comes tomorrow.
Sorry for three posts in one day but I have really been otherwise occupied. Hoping to soon get into my cardmaking again.
Have a blessed day.
Myrna

6 comments:

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Myrna,
This looks great! I have got to try that crackled glass technique, it's so cool! If you want a larger image, you can try one of the images from my Instant Art series, they are high resolution printable downloads and are larger in size too, and free of course! This particular image is small, because the original was small, the size you mentioned was the size of the original.
Thanks so much for mentioning my blog, that was so kind of you!

mudmaven said...

Gorgeous card - don't you just love the Graphics Fairy!!!!! ~chris

Curt in Indy said...

You did an awesome job with this technique. The image you chose was perfect for it. When I click on the picture for the bigger view, it is easily seen. Great job! Best, Curt

Tracy said...

This turned out perfectly. Soooo pretty.

Lol at your story. I did tell the neighbours boyfriend that their door bell works LOL.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Myrna, this is very, very beautiful. It might be a small picture, but I was able to click to make it better. Such stunning work.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMG..I have heard and read about this technique, but no one's card really showed me the results until I saw yours....this is awesome...I love it..I made a homemade light box, and not too happy..back to drawing board. Again, thanks for the link.