Monday, August 23, 2010

Her 18th Birthday


Hi,

I showed you the graduation pictures and card when this young lady graduated. Now she is turning 18 !! Wow time certainly has a habit of flying away doesn't it?

I had a picture of stained glass and wanted to use it behind a window frame. However, I couldn't find a window frame I wanted so used a romantic window svg cut and am sorry I can not remember who I got it from but thank you.

The stained glass was covered with clear paper from a package and the butterfly cut from another svg cut from SVGCuts.com. I used the Cuttlebug swirls folder to emboss. The frame was cut from several layers of the beige card stock and then layered with a paper from Dollar Store.

The inside of the card was printed from Sweethearts cart with Cri Cut color pens. My first attempt with them and I just love them and they are opening up a whole new dimension for me. I then used the same swirls folder to emboss the opaque acetate. A couple more swirls from the arch and a bit of rusty glimmer ink to soften the edges of the arch. I lined the envelope with the same color paper as the arch. The camera gave the inside of the card a yellow color but truly the soft beige is more the true color.

Have a blessed day.

Myrna

8 comments:

Meda said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the green with a dragonfly.
I saw you were asking about my butterflies and thought I would answer here just in case you don't get back to that post on my blog: the red ones are printed from the computer, but I did make stamped and embossed ones: http://handmadebymeda.blogspot.com/2009/09/100-butterfly-wedding-invitation-nunta.html

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful card, and congrats to the graduate. I'm intimidated by SVG files and keep telling myself to keep abreast of what's going on.

Kate said...

First of all - WOW!!! That card is amazing!! I am so impressed. I just love it!!
Second, I just wanted to pop by to thank you for the mat tip you left at Fantabulous Cricut. I appreciate it. I've not heard or tried that before. I have a Zig 2-way pen, but am thinking that the glue must come in bigger sizes. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it. Thanks for taking the time to offer a suggestion. I really appreciate it.

Curt in Indy said...

Wow! I had to click on it to see that it wasn't actually 3 dimensional. This is so clever and beautifully done! Great job. Best, Curt

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful card. I have a window like that and so does Heather M, but not with the beautiful filigree work....very very pretty!!!

Wynne K Wilson said...

Your cards just keep getting better and better my dear friend. You better be planning on your Christmas stock soon as I misssed a birthday one!!!!
Love from South Korea