Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another male card-Birthday


Hi
Well another card for a male. Gee it is hard isn't it to make something male?
This was for my brother who is a few years older than me. Then we have another brother who is a few years older than him. So his will come up later this year.
The card is 6.5" x 5". The first layer was just brown cardstock and sewn onto the white card stock which I distressed with a gold ink and it doesn't show too well in the photo. I layered some handmade paper (store bought at the DS)which I cut with the fancy scissors. Then with some cut outs from my trusty Cricut (no cart name available)I added the embellishments. The Happy B-day was distressed a little and a pop dot added and that was that. I often practice on the Cricut and then throw them into a box so that when I want a card I just grab from the box and have no idea where they came from or if they were SVGcuts or from a cart. Unless it is from Lyrical Letters which I just love.
I think the sewing just finishes the card off. I have some neat stitches on my old machine (Sears Kenmore which DH bought for me when we got married 32 years ago). I plan on using some more of them as I go along.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I agree that making a male card is terribly difficult. You seemed to have mastered it though. I really like this, esp the flourish.