Saturday, May 15, 2010

Anniversary Card 2010



Hi,
This is an anniversary card I have been working on. The images are from http://cajoline-scrap.blogspot.com/. This is a lovely French site and it is in French with bird songs. She has a lot of freebies and other stuff as well. Very beautiful site.
The cut out flowers are from an svg.file from SVGCut.com and they cut the card and flowers all at the same time and the large flower is from there as well. They have some lovely free cut files.
The Happy Anniversary on the inside of the card is from Lyrical Letters using the italic monoline and holiday keys.
The card just grew and grew. I had wanted to make a 5" x 7" card but by the time I was finished it became a 7.5" x 7.5" card. So in order to mail it I made a corresponding box with the same image on the front and the address printed inside the circle.
Now the interesting part was when I took it to the post office for mailing it would have cost me $10.00 to mail to the next province. If I would have put it in a regular envelope it would have cost only regular postage which would have been under $2.00. So I am sad to say that in mailing the flower is probably going to get flattened as it went regular post in the end.
Have a Blessed day.
Myrna

2 comments:

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love the dimension! :-)
Thanks for stopping by today, I was just thinking about you when I made my card, I knew you would appreciate my not wasting paper, LOL! ;-)
I have been having so much fun with the svg files, you have to try it!! :-)

Turnedgypsy said...

I love the colors are so soft and elegant on this card. Great Job. Did you try out the software I sent you. I did send you some, right. I have mailed out so much lately, I can not keep track without going to my weekly planner and look.

http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com