Thursday, November 12, 2009

Red Hat Birthday Card

Hi,
This card took me a year to finish. It was for a special friend of mine. We have been friends for almost 30 years.
The idea came to me when she joined The Red Hatters but I had to find just the right combination to go with the Iris folded red hat.
It came down to the crunch and it was almost her birthday so I had to hurry and finish it.
The hat is iris folded from red foil, the silhouette is velvet, the pearls are hobby craft pearls, the feather is a Dollar Store feather, the ribbon is from "The Stash" (my own) and the hat pin is a florist pin and ruby beads, all framed within a small cardboard frame from The Dollar Store. A little bit of gold sparkle and that was it.
I always wonder what size cards people work with and I am sorry I don't have the measurements.
Have a Blessed day,
Myrna

No comments: